I have always had a love of the written word and have expressed this love in various formats from poetry to fanfiction to screenplays to novels. I’m also an avid reader, consuming between 2 and 4 books per week. I like testing genre boundaries and have no qualms about jumping over them, experimenting and having fun with it. I refuse to be pigeonholed into a set of ‘rules’ that someone else has made up for a genre. I like all genres for different reasons, but Romance, Space Opera and LGBT Fiction are my favorite. I also enjoy post apocalyptic, mystery and the classics.
Here are some random facts about me:
- I’ve lived in 17 different places from Texas to Toronto
- I currently reside in West Virginia
- I have one cat and am happily married to my best friend.
- I used to be addicted to Warcraft (For the Horde!) and now play Guild Wars (Everything has a right to grow).
- I am autistic (HF AS) and GQ
- I like to garden
- I have an HBA in History and BA in Cultural Anthropology from Laurier
- I haven’t done a darn thing with either one of my degrees, but I like to think they have helped me become a better writer
- In 2014, I resigned from my 8 year position at a web development company to write full time
- My favorite animals are turtles and elephants
- Wasabi peas are awesome except when you eat too many.